Keeping Cool in Hot Weather
It's hot out! Help keep your bunnies and guinea pigs cool this summer by following some simple tips:
- Bring (or keep) your pets inside.
- Keep water bowls and bottles full.
- Add ice cubes to water bowls.
- Fill a water bottle half full, freeze, fill to the top with water, replace the sipper tube and attache to the cage.
- Mist a rabbit’s ears with a spray bottle (Do not wet the body fur.).
- Freeze or refrigerate a stone or ceramic tile and place in the living area.
- Chill carrots or other foods and serve cold and dripping wet.
- Serve a frozen strawberry or banana slice.
- Freeze a topless drinking water bottle, replace the top and place in the cage, igloo, or nest box.
- Provide lots of shade.
- Spray the roof of outdoor hutches several times a day.
- Add misters to outside play areas or hutches to cool the air (for instructions visit: http://voices.yahoo.com/how-build-install-misting-system-5988898.html).